The Origins Event is shaping up to be a really powerful weekend! Here are just seven of the reasons to join us on July 23 & 24, 2010 in downtown Los Angeles!
7. Origins is about diversity! We are an inclusive network which includes men and women from different ethnic backgrounds who are leaders from business, ministry, the non-profit sector, academia, the arts, and other walks of life who are passionate about Jesus, humanity, and innovation.
6. Origins is about activism! We are serving the city on Friday, July 23rd! Check out the options here! I love that our inaugural event puts into action what we value.
5. Origins is about innovation! We are meeting at one of the newest and premier sites in downtown Los Angeles! Across the street from the Staples Center and part of L.A. Live, Club Nokia will be a great place to interact and create a better future.
4. Origins is about equipping others! We have a remarkable group of speakers and panelists who will be sharing some of their latest ideas, successes, and failures. These are men and women who are on mission sharing about their efforts to bring hope to humanity in their mission field (the arts, business, overseas, locally, etc.). Speakers include Erwin McManus, Margaret Feinberg, Dave Gibbons, Dan Kimball, Rick McKinley, Alan & Debra Hirsch, Amena Brown, and many others! Incredibly helpful resources will be available all day Saturday with several giveaways going on as well!
3. Origins is about unleashing creativity! There will be great opportunities all weekend to stretch your imagination – from the service projects on Friday; the DJs, musicians, SlumPeasants, spoken word, and speakers on Saturday; to church gatherings across Southern California on Sunday!
2. Origins is about connecting with others on mission! In groups of 4-5 people, the lunch conversations and mini-breakouts create an intimate environment to learn from other practitioners. Some of those coming are traveling from Hong Kong, Sydney, Chicago, Charlotte, SoCal, and many other places. Some of the most significant moments will be the people you meet!
1. Origins is about relationships! Origins started with a group of friends who are on mission who wanted an opportunity to serve together, and we would love for you to join with us. You are welcome here!
For more information or to register, go here. Hope to see you there!