Every year it seems like my Christmas list is more like a list of books I want to read. Books are a great gift since they can be enjoyed well past when they are received. In addition, you can communicate an appreciation for someone based on the book you choose to give them. Either the book will help them in an area they have interest or the most potential for growth.
Here are some of the books I’ve given away to network leaders, small group leaders, and other pastors with whom I get to serve:
- Missional Spirituality: Embodying God’s Love From the Inside Out by Roger Helland & Len Hjalmarson
- Color of Rain: How Two Families Found Faith, Hope, & Love in the Midst of Tragedy by Michael & Gina Spehn
- The Voice New Testament
- Dangerous Church: Risking Everything to Reach Everyone by John Bishop
- A Certain Risk: Living Your Faith at the Edge by Paul Richardson (Foreword by Erwin McManus)
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
- Organic Outreach for Churches: Infusing Evangelistic Passion Into Your Congregation by Kevin Harney
- Your Church in Rhythm: The Forgotten Dimensions of Seasons and Cycles by Bruce Miller
- Faith Without Illusions: Following Jesus As A Cynic-Saint by Andrew Byers
- The Peace God Promises: Closing the Gap Between What You Experience and What You Long For by Ann Spangler
- The Cost of Community: Jesus, St. Francis, and Life in the Kingdom by Jamie Arpin-Ricci
- Day of War by Cliff Graham
- After Shock: Searching for Honest Faith When Your World Is Shaken by Kent Annan
- The Gospel of Matthew: God With Us by Matt Woodley
- The Scent of Water: Grace For Every Kind of Broken by Naomi Zacharias
- Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Your Kids by Dr. Kara Powell & Dr. Chap Clark
- Batting Stance Guy: A Love Letter to Baseball by Gar Ryness & Caleb Dewart
What books are you giving away or are on your list this Christmas?
I agree with you! I am a book lover/addict and to me there is no greater gift. I want to instill the same love books to my daughter so I bought her the book wherever you are by nancy tillman, she is a great author and the message behind every book is that the chilld is loved. Can’t wait to read it to her for bedtime!