Reading and applying the Bible to my life has been transforming! Check out some of the following resources to help you in your spiritual journey.
Articles on the importance and trustworthiness of the Scriptures:
- The Scriptures Are A Portal Into God’s Presence (an overview of the Scriptures and Q&A on understanding the Bible)
- Essential Elements: The Scriptures (notes and message from John Burke)
- An Angry or Loving God? (includes links to other posts designed to help you understand the Bible)
Bible Reading Plans:
- Community Bible Experience (read through the Bible with your family or small group)
- Read through the book of Proverbs in one month by reading one chapter per day.
- Read the Gospel of John in one week by reading three chapters per day.
Downloading an app for your iPhone can be really helpful. I use YouVersion which includes some of the following reading plans:
- OwnIt365 (read through the Bible with 2 readings per day)
- Mariners Church Chrono-Condensed (read through the Bible in the chronological order)
- New Testament in 30 days
Websites for reading and studying the Bible:
- www.studylight.org (to compare the English version to the original languages choose Bible translation to search using NAS with Strong’s Numbers)
Messages and Next Steps from Gateway Church:
- Next Steps (applying the Scriptures from the Sunday Inspire Services)
Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”- Joshua 1:7-9