Here are some of his insights:
Habakkuk 1:5 (NLT) 5 The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe.”
We were terricited! Terrified and Excited all at the same time.
- Going back to where I grew up not being a follower of Jesus.
- Dealing with relationships of people that knew the old me.
- Dealing with religious people.
- No job and very little financing. (Kids sitting on the floor)
2. Find involvement in the familiar.
John 21:3 (NLT) 3 Simon Peter said, “I’m going fishing.” “We’ll come, too,” they all said. So they went out in the boat, but they caught nothing all night.
Fighting – Wrestling with MMA Fighters
Funerals – Funeral Home (Suit and Tie)
Football – Coaching at the High school where my wife and I graduated.
3. Forge ahead with focus.
Nehemiah 6:3 (NLT) 3 so I replied by sending this message to them: “I am engaged in a great work, so I can’t come. Why should I stop working to come and meet with you?”
- We are focused on reaching people that don’t know Jesus.
Luke 19:10 (NLT) 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
- The vision and mission are not for sale. No matter what happens.