20 years is a long time!!
But 20 years with Deborah Bryant is not nearly long enough!
Twenty years ago today, I woke up with chicken pox on the day of our wedding. (If you haven’t heard the story of how I got chicken pox on my wedding day, watch here). We have had nothing but adventure ever since!
Here are a few of our most memorable moments (some great and some not so great):
- Living in Seattle where we helped plant The Anchor, a church for the unchurched (1994-1998).
- Almost burning down the house we were renting.
- Traveling through Europe for 3 weeks in 1997 and living in Vancouver, Canada for a month in 1998.
- Living in Los Angeles and serving as part of the Mosaic family (1998-2010).
- Caleb’s miraculous and challenging first few years (1999).
- Trevi’s birth and childhood (beginning 2002).
- Trips to Hawaii, Australia, Europe, and the U.K..
- Counseling (which I highly recommend for all couples).
- Developing lifelong friendships with our L.A. neighbors and Mosaic family.
- Moving to Austin and teaming with Gateway Church.
So excited to create an even better future together for the next 20 years and beyond!