Most films about the future seem to have a dystopian view – a bleak view of humanity at its worst.
The series includes 6 documentaries from Ron Howard, Angela Bassett, Brett Ratner, Akiva Goldsman, Peter Berg, and Paul Giamatti include:
- Fighting Pandemics includes intense and even disturbing scenes revealing how the Ebola virus was brought under control.
- Super Human looks at breakthroughs in technological enhancements the human body.
- Decoding the Brain takes a look at how “the human brain may be the most complex object in the universe.”
- Energy from the Edge shows the ways researchers are creating new energy resources.
- Water Apocalypse looks at ways to avert our water crisis.
Too often Christians resist science, yet to me scientific breakthroughs seem to prove more and more how remarkable the Creator of all that we see and discover truly is! (See Questionable: Science and Faith by John Burke with Dr. Walter Bradley or a message I did called The God You Need: The God Who Is Great).
People of faith need to be motivated to bring healing to others physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually using all or our creative capacities.
We believe in a Creator who is known for “doing a new thing” (Isaiah 43:19), and we can celebrate the advancements in technology, innovation, medicine, and science – no matter where it may come from.
Creating a better future needs to be what drives us as an answer to the prayer Jesus taught us to pray:
“Our Father who is in heaven, your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”