Along with 300 plus churches in the Austin area, Gateway Church in Austin began a series called “Love Where You Live.” Tasha Morrison and I (along with a panel) spoke on “A Love Greater Than Ethnicity.”
Check out the message video and notes here:
Check out the Next Steps here:
Check out the panel discussion here:
Some of the questions included the following:
- Did your family discuss race while you were growing up?
- Why does building deep friendships of different ethnicities matter?
- Why do we find it difficult to cross racial lines and connect with others unlike us?
- What role does faith play in your view on race?
- What challenges or fears have you faced that prevents you from reaching out to someone racially different?
- What hope do you see for the church and our country when we decide step out of our comfort zones and get to know others that are racially different?
- How can we foster racial diversity in our personal lives uniquely as women or as men?