Ken Sande taught his workshop Discovering Relational Wisdom 2.0 to the volunteers and leaders at Gateway Church in Austin.
The Scriptures supporting this workshop can be found here.
Here are three of the lessons Ken shared:
Lesson 1 – God Created Us for Relationship
“Relational wisdom – the ability to discern emotions, interests, and abilities in yourself and others, to interpret them in the light of God’s Word, and to use these insights to manage your responses and relationships constructively.”
God entrusts us with relationships.
The SOG Plan:
- Self-aware – How am I feeling and acting?
- Others-aware – How are others feeling? How am I affecting them?
- God-aware – Where is God leading me?
The benefits of developing relational wisdom include:
- Stronger relationships
- Valued influence
- Compelling witness
Lesson 2 – Soft Skills Surpass Hard Skills
When people are working together, relationship usually surpass expertise.
Soft skills increase “social capital” in both work and ministry settings.
It is never too late to do what’s right!
Lesson 3 – Emotions Were Designed by God
- Emotions are built into all people in all cultures by God’s design.
- Emotions are not inherently sinful.
- Emotions can hijack our brains and bodies.
- God can redeem our emotions when we bring our emotions to God in humility, faith, and prayer.
There were so many more insights!