What a great season this has been!
This year our ministry with Gateway has continued to see lives transformed – either finding faith or finding healing. I am still part of the executive team and leading the South Austin and Online campuses.
Carlos Ortiz is now our senior pastor, and John Burke is now serving as our Founding Pastor. John’s new book Imagine the God of Heaven has been featured on our Online Campus this fall.
In light of how so many churches are closing, in decline, or not reaching others, I feel very blessed to be in a church that continues to focus on Jesus and knows how to engage with an increasingly post-Christian world.
This year we made my Church Growth Workshop available at no cost thanks to the generosity of our donors. We had 989 download my material on udemy before we made it available via my website and social media. This year another 300 pastors downloaded my course!
I have shifted away from teaching at Bethel Seminary and instead have begun helping with a new initiative called the Damascus Road Project. We are working with pastors who are wanting their churches to become more invitational and more transformational.
Our vision is spiritual renewal in our country through the local church!
We have 40 churches already signed up and working with 4 coaches. We have 14 other churches ready to start in the new year and a waiting list of churches wanting to participate!
Through the New Testament for Skeptics, Seekers, and Disciples
In order to help people at Gateway South learn to spend time with God through the Scriptures, I started posting a video devotional for every chapter in the New Testament on my social media channels. Several made it through the year with me!
Some of the added benefits have included the following:
- Growth in the number of those following our ministry on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X (formerly Twitter), and YouTube.
- People using specific videos to help them understand a particular chapter.
- A radio station in Nashville has inquired about using this in 2024.
Want to go through the New Testament with me in 2024?
If so, the easiest way to do so would be going to the YouTube playlist or the new Through the Bible for Skeptics, Seekers, and Disciples podcast.
This past year, I had some fantastic guests on my podcast! Each of them has a unique way they are seeking to reach and disciple people in their increasingly post-Christian mission field.
This year, we have given away over 200 books and assessments to church leaders who get my email newsletter. (If you don’t receive my email newsletter, sign up at ericbryant.org)
As someone who supports our efforts, I wanted to offer you one of the following:
- TruCenter Assessment (connecting God-given talents and personal motivations with faith and service)
- Mind Shift by Erwin McManus
- Imagine the God of Heaven by John Burke
- Or choose one from any of the books we gave away this past year which has included my books, Not Like Me or Fruitful. For a list of more of the resources we have given away, go here.
Goals for 2024
Would you consider praying for us and our ministry?
Would you consider donating to Catalyzing Community in 2024?
Our hope is to raise $150,000.
With these funds, we can accomplish the following:
- Expand our initiative coaching church leaders (48 churches in 2024, 68 in 225, and 95 in 2026) – $125,000.
- Finish editing then promote, and publish two books in 2024 – Fruitful Church and The Gospels for Skeptics, Seekers, and Disciples – $15,000
- Create and offer resources through my podcast, website, social media channels, conferences, and speaking opportunities – $10,000
If you would like to talk more about our plan for coaching church leaders, publishing a book, or operating my non-profit works, just let me know at email@example.com. I would be happy to schedule a phone call or zoom meeting.
Your investment allows us to invest in church leaders in order to bring spiritual awakening!